Increasing pressures, higher and lower service and operating temperatures, increasingly corrosive fluids and the exploitation of fields in increasingly remote and demanding environments present significant challenges. Issues with daily performance and system failures demonstrate the criticality of materials and the importance of corrosion and welding issues.
Offshore Energy can provide specialist materials technical expertise to manage materials, welding and fabrication requirements efficiently and to the highest standards during all phases of a project, including:
- Front-end material selection and material selection for detailed design
- Corrosion assessment and CP design
- Engineering Criticality Assessments
- Specifications and data sheet preparation
- Material take-off, scopes of work and procurement support
- Management of pre-qualification programmes
- Review of vendor offers and recommendations for purchase
- Review of vendor documents, including manufacturing proposals, procedures, concession requests, inspection and test plans, etc.
- Review and selection of welding, NDT and coating procedures
- Management of supply contracts and fabrication contracts
- Review and control of as-built documentation
- Management of materials research and development programmes
- Post installation services, including management of failure investigations.